Get Motivated To Achieve your Goals
How could I write a guide to setting and achieving goals if I didn’t
actually give you a few tips on the most important part of setting
The key to successful goal setting is your ability to motivate
yourself and stay motivated until you have achieved your goals.
Getting and staying motivated is not as difficult as it may seem. It
just takes discipline. Let’s look at the thing that you should do in
order to get and stay motivated.
First, let’s take a look at what motivation really is.
Motivation is not a product of outside influence; it is a natural
product of your desire to achieve something and your belief that you
are capable of doing it.
Positive goals that are geared toward your pleasure are much more
powerful motivators than negative ones that are based on fear. The
right combination of both is the most powerful and motivating mix.
Now let’s look at what you can actually do to motivate yourself and
stay that way.
- Start with visualizing your future success and model the
feelings you’ll experience when you achieve it.
- Mentally walk the path towards this success and base your
feelings at different milestones on the way.
- Assign a high priority to each task that you must achieve
which will give each task a priority in your mind.
- Set a target for the amount of work you will do each day
toward your goals.
- Visualize the desired outcome: Create a picture of what the
desired outcome will look like, and have this vision in your mind
at all times.
- Set milestones of the things you like to do and the things
that you are good at.
- Use visual indicators to monitor progress and complete the
- Give yourself affirmations to remind yourself of how capable
you are at reaching your goals.
- Watch movies that motivate you.
- Listen to music that motivates you.
- If you work better with competition, make a deal with a friend
or family member to compete for the goal for example who gets
there first! It can be hypothetical and doesn’t necessarily have
to be for real.
- Get help and support from people around you or from a
professional in the field for example a personal trainer, finance
- Define your own version of success, don’t let others define
success for you.
- Ignore any negative influences or responses to your efforts.
- Make a conscious effort to do better than you have ever done
in the past.
- Focus on the positive achievements and not the negatives.
- Share your successes with others as this will keep you focused
and help you voice your accomplishments which will realize your
achievements for you.
- Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses and work on them
- Train yourself to finish what you start by refusing to quit
until you are done.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and don’t punish yourself for
To your Success, may you reach your goals.
Copyright © Gary Killops.
All rights reserved.